Signed ARC – Cassie
Scythe pendants – Rachel Y., Emily K., Delores, Gabi, and Jenna at MTG Reviews
(Winners, you’ve been notified by email, so be sure to email me back so you may claim your goodies.)
And to the rest of you, thank you so much for entering! I will be in contact regarding the bookplates and how I will get them to you (by owl post, obviously).
And because I know you’re going to shrivel up and DIE if you don’t get this information as soon as humanly possible, here are the results of my informal Favorite Dead Guy/Gal poll:
- There was some overwhelming love for the ladies of history – popular entries included Mother Teresa, Anne Frank, Queen Elizabeth, Queen Victoria, Marie Antoinette, Joan of Arc, Amelia Earhart, Anne Boleyn, and Susan B. Anthony. Also mentions of Eva Peron, Florence Nightingale, Anastasia, Abigail Adams, Sacajawea, Catherine the Great, and Elizabeth Stanton.
- Presidents were big too – JFK, George Washington, the Roosevelts, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson – as well as presidential hangers-on Benjamin Franklin and Alexander Hamilton. I suspect there would have been MANY more Lincolns had I not selfishly claimed him as my own.
- And of course the sexy, sexy scientists – Leonardo Da Vinci, Albert Einstein, and a surprising number of votes for Nicola Tesla. Physics fans in the house!
- A handful of musicians – Freddie Mercury, Johnny Cash, Gene Kelly, Kurt Cobain, and Frank Sinatra.
- Several votes for Martin Luther King, Jr. – not surprising, given that the race started on his day of honor. And in the same vein, some props to Gandhi as well.
- Nice to know that some really old dead guys have not been totally forgotten – Plato, Aristotle, Homer, Jesus, and Buddha.
- A couple of blokes from the Southern Hemisphere: James Cook and Ned Kelly
- Some fun randoms: Jack the Ripper, Davy Crockett, Madame Tussaud, and truly, where would we be without the inventor of the cupcake?
- Nonexistance did not stop some of you from voting for Voldemort, Severus Snape, and Dumbledore. (I approve.)
- And last but never least, the writers we all love so dearly: Oscar Wilde, William Shakespeare, Emily Dickinson, Mark Twain, H.G. Wells, C.S. Lewis, Ernest Hemingway, and F. Scott Fitzgerald. Plus big ups to Johannes Gutenberg, for inventing the printing press so we can, you know, read stuff.
- The winner, by a landslide….Jane Austen!
And there’s one more writer that got a significant amount of love, but he gets a special mention. Why? HE’S A CHARACTER IN CROAK. Yep, it’s everyone’s favorite emo mustachioed poet, the one and only Edgar Allan Poe. Whom I love maybe even more than Lincoln.
MARRY ME EDDIE.
Anyway. Thanks again to everyone for running the YAmazing Race! Now go make yourself a sandwich. You deserve it.