My old blog design was fine. Why change it? BECAUSE PEOPLE CHANGE AND APPARENTLY SO DO BLOG DESIGNS.
This new setup has some cool things going for it:
- You get to see a whole bunch of post titles at once, instead of being a slave to the exhausting task of scrolling down
- You get to see pictures and choose whichever shiny one captures your attention first
- I can change the title to something different every day
- New fonts are always exhilarating
But on the other hand:
- You must click through to read anything, which makes it harder to draw you in from the very first sentence of whatever undoubtedly mundane thing I have to say on any given day
- We all fear change
Of course, none of this means anything to those of you who read this via email or a feed, so you may ignore this post altogether, which may very well be what you do anyway.
For the rest of you: the new look is not a hundred percent locked down yet, so if you have any thoughts – things you like, things you don’t like, violent font opinions – leave a reply or shoot me an email. Thanks, guinea pigs!